Can you afford to NOT belong? The Value of Your MVMA Membership:
MVMA represents the Michigan Veterinary profession at the State Capitol, lobbying on those issues that primarily affect veterinarians.
Members receive preferred rates to attend the 200 plus hours of educational programs, provided each year by the MVMA.
MVMA employs a public relations firm to promote veterinarians and the value of veterinary services.
The Michigan Veterinarian is the bimonthly paper magazine keeping members informed on veterinary issues. MVMA E-Newsletter is broadcast via email monthly and as urgent issues arise, keeping you informed and in the loop.
The Ethics and Grievance Committee oversees client complaints, often resolving the complaint before legal or licensure action is initiated.
INFORMATIONAL RESOURCE & WEBSITE
MVMA members receive free information on a variety of issues including disposition of abandoned animals, veterinary law and ethics, standards of practice, advertising, medical records, state regulations, internet pharmacies and emergency preparedness. Members have access to the "Members Only" section of the MVMA website.
FREE LEGAL SERVICES
Members receive free 15 minute telephone consultations with an attorney. If legal action is pursued, MVMA members receive a 10% reduction on attorney fees.
CLIENT REFERRAL SERVICES
When clients contact the MVMA, we promote MVMA member veterinarians in their area. This includes directing them to the Find-A-Vet section of our website where they can search via location or area of specialty.
VETERINARY CAREER CENTER
Members looking for employment may conduct a free nationwide job search by position, species, or location and receive valuable advice. Employers can post ads on this nationwide website for both veterinary positions and other staff positions at a discounted rate.
ACCESS TO MVMA’s “ANSWER” TEAM
Members of the MVMA have access to over 2,100 experienced veterinarians available to share their expertise. If you have a specific question about any aspect of the veterinary profession or specialty of choice, the MVMA can help you find a member-expert in that area.
MODEL ANIMAL HOSPITAL PERSONNEL POLICIES MANUAL
In conjunction with our law firm, the MVMA has created a policy handbook for members that can be customized to fit your practice. This 76 page manual refelcts current Michigan law and is free to members.
MICHIGAN LAW FOR VETERINARY PROFESSIONALS
In partnership with the Animal Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, MVMA has created this publication, including information on the Board of Veterinary Medicine, the Public Health Code, discipline, civil liability, licensing controlled substances, and the Michigan Penal Code. Members get this free.
FREE RELIEF VET ADS
Members may run free relief vet ads in the The Michigan Veterinarian and on the MVMA website.
HEALTH CARE PLANS - Group & Individual
The Ralph C. Wilson Insurance Agency offers MVMA members the best rates on Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network Group Health Plans.
DISCOUNTED PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Members receive preferred rates and discounts on the following programs:
- Bankcard Program - Discounted Merchant Rates
- Check Services - Discounted Merchant Rates
- X-Ray Badge Service - Discounts on radiation monitoring services as low as $3.50 per badge
- BASIC Human Resource Connection - Discounts on human resource solutions
- CareCredit Client Credit Program
- I.C. System Account Collection Service
- Insurance: Health, Long-term Care, Disability & Citizen's Insurance Personal and Commercial Lines
- Discounts on Office Supplies, Equipment, and Car Rentals
- Discounts on On-Hold Message Systems
- Discounts on Web Design and Other Communication Services
- Discounts on Burial and Cremation Services
- Discounts on Practice Consultation Services
- Discounts on Legal Consent Forms
- FREE Supply of MVMA's Cost of Compassion Brochures
- FREE Supply of MVMA's Pet Health Insurance Brochure
JOIN THE MVMA TODAY TO FIND OUT HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE GREAT PROGRAMS!